Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We have lost the fear

Our society and world have lost the fear of God. I was listening to the radio this morning and a pair of robbers took over a house, police arrive and one of the men shoot at the police. They killed him, rightly so policemen have a dangerous job and if someone is shooting at them, well too bad for the bad guy. The problem here is the robber did not have a fear of the after life. What will happen to me once I am on the other side of the curtain? Is there a God? Well the robber knows now the answer to both of those questions. A few weeks ago, my wife and daughter and I went to a fast food joint. Before we even began to eat we were heckled for dressing like Christians. Funny they know what we look like. We prayed over our food and then the harassment really kicked in. I must say I was not intimated at all. I felt sorry, these kids were not raised with a healthy fear of God. Having a fear of God is not bad is it? I know there is a movement a foot which does not believe in God. Do these people not have a fear of the system which is in place to protect all from wrong? I believe many people who do not believe in God do have a fear of the system which states thou shall not kill or steal or any other anti social behavior. However, there is a growing generation of people which have No Fear. This No Fear generation take their fearlessness too far.
I raised my hand and said I do,and joined the military for this nation, I set aside 4 years of my life to serve this great nation, so young people can have the right to be fearless. It is just too bad there are people with in our society which find it necessary to be rude to others. However they are free to do it. Because I set aside time out of my life so they could still be free. Try mocking a communist in China and see how far you get.
Everyone have a Merry Christmas, oh yeah even this is becoming a problem. Well I say it to everyone I meet at this time of year. Rarely do I get any blow back of PC talk. In fact many clerks and people just get a big smile on their face and say Merry Christmas to you too!

No comments: